Costco Ribs

Skagg2000

Hey,

I've bought the packs of baby back ribs in store at Costco & always found them decent. As it's a 250mile round trip to vist I wondered if anyone has tried these from the online offer. Not the cheapest, but reasonable.

https://www.costco.co.uk/Grocery-Household/Chilled-Foods/Meat-Meat-Boxes/Taste-Tradition-Pork-Rib-Box-7kg-Serves-up-to-10-People/p/324319

Any alternative suggestions for supply? 

Cheers n Gone Nick

heard good reports about the "meaty" ribs from costco but those seem a bit on the expensive side to me for what they are, might be worth asking locally before you order.

up my way, full ribs like that are known as "bacon" ribs by the locals and are only used by a few oldie's for making soup hence the reason they are way cheaper than any "cut" ribs.

6 hours ago, smokeyjoe said:

heard good reports about the "meaty" ribs from costco but those seem a bit on the expensive side to me for what they are, might be worth asking locally before you order.

up my way, full ribs like that are known as "bacon" ribs by the locals and are only used by a few oldie's for making soup hence the reason they are way cheaper than any "cut" ribs.

Not had bacon ribs for a while...🤔😋😁

Out of curiosity, which area are you from? I only ask because I always pressumed bacon ribs are a liverpool/merseyside thing.

Edited by AdamG
  • Like 1

I understand you get a large quantity for the money? what is the price per kilo? & kilos 44.99 is £6.42 a kilo. Ocado port ribs are 9.80 a kilo so costco ones are meaty and are cheap

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:27 AM, Icefever said:

Skagg, what about Booker C&C....if you have a card, or know someone who can take you in with them, they allow a friend in to shop.

Ice.

It's on my list next time I'm that way Ice. Makro have them occasionally, but they don't carry much meat I find.

The challenge locally with farm shops is they tend to buy a carcass that suits the demand for the week, therefore they often aren't a very good size.

Cheers n Gone Nick