Weekend cook plans?

AdamG

On 8/11/2024 at 3:27 PM, U can do that again said:

No sausages on the go

20240811_132723.jpg

Lookin great, I am away this week so no cooks for me😞...internet is very patchy aswell so having a quick look on the forum is few and far between. Anything for the weekend?

They are an unplanned attempt at burnt ends, when I opened the vac pac to the ribs I noticed they had an extra layer of meat on top, a pale pink with a different grain pattern and no marbling...not sure what it is lol.

I thought it would either become too dry if the ribs are done correctly, or cooked correctly but the ribs umderdone so I seperated them.

We will see how they turn out haha

The burnt ends were a bit overdone and I should have pulled them out abit earlier, a little dried out although not terrible, would probably need to finish them off by braising next time to make sure they are tender. However they do 'look' great haha

20240826_140739.thumb.jpg.037e6cf3ffbc9702f7c65c6aa7ad855c.jpg

Not a complete fail though as they are still soft enough to eat.

Ribs are resting now...

I let them rest for 30mins, maybe rest them in a sauce like you say would be better. Never done them before but I know what you mean about the sauce overpowering the flavour👍